Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catching Up and Getting Things Off My Chest

It’s been nearly a month since I’ve posted, mostly because I’ve been really busy, but also because I’ve been annoyed at myself for writing my last post. I could go back and change/delete the offending bits, but that strikes me as very ‘trollish’ (the internet kind, not the live under bridges kind). So in the interest of full-disclosure . . .

It’s really just that penultimate sentence, “Neolithic Farming figures that yields of 300 kg/hectare (2.47 acres) were well within reason for pre-historic Europe.” Who cares what Neolithic Farming says about yields? Those are Neolithic, not medieval. They are using techniques not common in the middle ages in Europe (intensive agriculture of small plots, using a variety of crops, entirely by hand; at least that’s the thesis of the book).

Now admittedly, I had Neolithic Farming on my brain since I had just read it, and the post was written pretty quickly one evening, but still. I want to hold myself to a higher standard.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program . . .

No comments: