Monday, March 22, 2010

I did it!

It took way too long and was a ton of work, but I finally did it.

I overdid it trying to finish up last night. My arms and back ache, but in a good way.

The new garden plot has been entirely double dug. 25 feet by 30 feet. 750 square feet.



Here are a few pictures. The dark patch in the upper right was the part that I actually worked on today. The patch of white near the bottom right is where I had a tarp laid out with the dirt of the first trench, so the grass that was under it has been dying.



I think tomorrow I’ll hit the hardware store and buy some 2x6 boards and put a border around it, to make it easier to mow around if nothing else. Then I need to actually decide what to plant!

It was a good experience that I will never forget, but a rototiller is looking awfully good right now.

No comments: